This one is for the food lovers. This one is for those who religiously kneel before a beautiful dessert ... More info ›
This one is for the food lovers. This one is for those who religiously kneel before a beautiful dessert. This one is for those that have complicated decisions throughout their lives and then take action after a proper meal, because food opens your mind. Make way for the gastronomy and for the full belly. Portugal appreciates your presence, in fact, greets you back with the pride of a father, crying with joy to see that last piece of
pastel de nata being devoured. Fat but happy. No matter what others say, join us and let the taste buds do their work on this beautiful, stuffy day.
9:30AM - Meeting at pick-up point arranged.
9:45AM - Small briefing of the day and tour.
10AM - Walking tour Part I - All main sites in Coimbra, covering all the World Heritage recognised places:
- Universidade de coimbra
- Porta férrea
- Faculdade de direito
- Biblioteca joanina
- Sé nova
11:30AM - Local delicacies and wine tasting.
12PM - Walking Tour Part II.
- Arco de almedina
- Igreja de santiago
- Igreja de santa cruz
- Mosteiro de santa clara
- Quinta das lágrimas
1:30PM - Traditional Portuguese lunch.
2:30PM - Drive to the wine cellars.
3PM - Wine cellar tour with visit to the vines.
4PM - Exquisite and exclusive regional tasting.
5PM - Return to the city with a car tour around town.
5:30PM - Toast on a special place.
- Guides - our guides will accompany you throughout the tour, so that you can get the local feeling and recommendations;
- Pick up - we'll pick you up before starting of the tour so that you don't have to worry about anything;
- Tours and travels - all tours and travels to the designated places are included;
- Local products - we'll provide you with local products along the tour so that you can taste our favourite Portuguese flavours;
- Wine tasting - great view right? let's open a bottle then. time to make it even more special;
- Snacks - we'll provide you with snacks along the way so no excuses to feel powerless;
- Water - how can we forget the most important thing in life? let's keep you hydrated;
- Warm covers - in case the weather is not helping we'll take some thermal blankets so that you can feel extra comfortable;
- Photo report - as you go around, getting to know all these amazing places, we'll take pictures of you so that you can keep for memory. after the tour we'll send them by Wetransfer.
- Did you know that the university of Coimbra is ranking 9th in the oldest universities of the world? It was back in 1290 that it was established.
In Coimbra, through the streets of the past, you can breathe the air full of history, emotions and experiences, where once monks and nobles walked, carrying in their arms the first books of knowledge. Now the atmosphere exudes the mystery of other ages and feeds on the hope of the new generations, who want to make up for the history of this small but great country. Walk with us through these streets and feel the sources of inspiration of a student of Coimbra. Relax and savour a wine in one of the city's viewpoints, where formerly brilliant minstrels composed songs of fate or lost loves. It's time to live the fable you've always dreamed of.